As you know, concrete is a very durable material. It can withstand the wear and tear of life for years without showing signs of wear or breaking down. But it needs some attention to keep it looking good. One way to do this is by fixing driveway tracks that are not level with the rest of your driveway surface. Concrete Repair in Cedar Park will teach you how to fix a driveway track on your own!
– It is important to make sure the surface beneath your driveway tracks is level with the rest of your driveway. Do this by inserting a spirit level between two adjacent sections and adjust them until you have a perfect line in both directions.
– If it turns out that, after measuring across several points on either side, all of these measurements are within an eighth inch or so from each other then you do not need to go through the effort of levelling everything. In fact if they are too close together then what will happen when you fix one section is that another section might fall down significantly causing even more work for yourself! So unless there’s a significant gap in measurements going across different parts moving anything at could be very difficult indeed.
– If your measurements are significantly different you will need to spend some time levelling the surface. To do this, insert a spirit level between two adjacent sections and adjust them until you have a perfect line in both directions.
– Once the surface is as smooth as possible (and it should be already) then mix up about half of that bag into an area slightly larger than what’s needed for the repair with water using a shovel or hoe before bringing over on wheelbarrow and pouring it out. Be careful not to spill any concrete which can make quite a mess!
– Evenly distribute the wet mixture across the driveway track by dragging something like a piece of wood or even just your feet and compacting everything down well.